One of the most prevalent video game played online is free to play, is accessible on various platforms, has over 200 million listed players globally, and today its CEO is worth more than 7 billion US dollars. Introduced in 2017, Fortnite has beaten most of its competition to be the favored online video game for any gamer. This tracker can reveal your Fortnite stats.
Despite its success, Fortnite as well as other video games might also be one of the causes of the severe decline in the health of children as they become obsessed with video games which have proven negative effects. Though the gaming disorder, the obsessive and compulsive playing of video games, is recognized by the World Health Organization as a condition that is diagnosable, the American Psychiatric Association states that there is presently inadequate proof to back gaming disorder as a distinctive mental disorder, therefore further research is called for.
Video Game Addiction
However, unceasing everyday use of electronic devices does have its negative impacts, especially on younger individuals. For instance, it pulls children away from activities that are far healthier like sports, creative arts, and personally interacting with peers and family.
For numerous people, addiction to video games is a problem that is very real. As per the University of New Mexico, research indicates that 6% to 15% of all gamers show indications that can be regarded as addiction. However, the signs and symptoms could at times be very tough to recognize yet this disorder could have substantial aftereffects to those who suffer from it.
Signs and Indications of Video Game Addiction Problem
Addiction to video games has warning signs like any other type of addiction. It is crucial to be familiar with these signs to ensure you could help the person early on. The Illinois Institute for Addiction Recovery says that symptoms for video game addiction could be physical and emotional.
- When not able to play, there is a feeling of restlessness, agitation, and/or irritability
- Preoccupied thoughts, specially of earlier online activity or eagerness of the following online activity/session
- Lying to family or peers concerning the quantity of time expended on playing video games
- Isolation oneself so as to expend more time playing video games
- Fatigue and Lethargy
- Constant migraines because of extreme focus or eye strain
- Carpal tunnel syndrome due to the too much use of computer mouse and of a video game controller
- Poor and neglected personal hygiene